Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Geez! No Changes!

Another week has come and gone and still no baby!  I had my weekly prenatal check up a little earlier and I'm still only dilated two centimeters.  Uggggh!  I was hoping it would be more than that.  I honestly feel like I'm ready to have this baby!

Last night I thought I was going to have the baby for sure.  I had really sharp stab like pains along with contractions that were short, but were coming in about every five minutes.  When I told my midwife of these pains, she wasn't too concerned.  She said that it was baby's head putting pressure on some of my nerves.  As for the contractions, she said it could be from dehydration which was probably correct since I didn't drink too much liquids last night because I didn't want to have to wake up every couple of hours to use the bathroom.  I'm not trying to complain, but I'm sooo tired of waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.

So anyway, I was asked if the baby didn't come before my 39th week if I want to be induced or if I just wanted to wait until baby wanted to come on his own.  Guess what I opted for?  Induction of course!  If I don't go into labor before my 39th week, then I will be induced on the 28th of this month!  Lets hope it happens naturally before then!  Crossing my fingers...and toes!  LOL  =)

Lana and I getting ready for my weekly appt (37 1/2 wks)