Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yes, The News Is Out!


On my anniversary blog yesterday I mentioned that I was pregnant.  Yes, the news is out!  Because my last pregnancy was a miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks, I kind of wanted to keep my pregnancy a secret until I was further along.  But NOPE!  I have a husband who is not good at keeping secrets when it comes to me being pregnant. 

Since I've been having really bad morning sickness, or ALL DAY SICKNESS in my case it was kind of hard to keep it a secret anyway.  I'm sure me throwing up very often kind of made my family suspicious.  So Koli mentioned it to my family, then to his, and I thought that would be it.  But nope!  He announced it on Facebook yesterday when he was wishing me a Happy Anniversary on there.  LOL 

So yes, now it is no longer a secret!  As of yesterday, I am 11 weeks pregnant.  I'm pretty excited about having another child, but I hate the sickness that comes with this blessing!  I know, I know...I shouldn't be complaining but I would be lying if I said everything about pregnancy is great!  I am however thankful for the opportunity my Heavenly Father has blessed me with to have children. 

I sometimes worry about having another miscarriage and having to announce it all over again.  Its very heartbreaking and hard to go through when you have a miscarriage, but then as I sit back and think about it I remember that the Lord is in charge of all things.  Only HE knows when the time is right for everything!  I am blessed and will accept whatever he sends my way.

Okay, so your probably wondering when my due date is.  NEW YEARS DAY 2011.  Yup!  I doubt I'll make it all the way.  I think I'll have the baby a week or two before that. 

Koli and I had the opportunity to go to my first prenatal appointment with this pregnancy this past Monday.  I'm seeing the same midwife I had with Moalana.  I'm really comfortable with her since she knows my whole pregnancy history.  Right when she saw me, she grabbed me and gave me a hug and told me how happy she was to see me again.  She saw Moalana for the first time since the time I gave birth and she was happy to lil' momma as well. She gave Lana kisses on her arm which was really weird for me because you usually only see that with family.  But it's all good though.  I love my midwife!  So we got to hear the baby's heartbeat and also got an ultrasound.  Here is a picture from the ultrasound.