Our little family of 3 drove down to Reno along with my sister Valeti and her family. They were nice enough to let us join them in their car for the ride to our husband's (yes, my sis Valeti and I are married to first cousins) family Reunion, The Paongo's. The Family Reunion was on the 24th, 25th, and 26th of June.
We weren't lucky enough to make it out to the opening night on the 24th. We were on Interstate 80 heading West towards Reno, Nevada. Luckily, I had my nausea pills that knocked me out on both trips to and from our little trip.
Friday (June 25th) we slept in because we got in to Reno at about 4am. When we woke up Koli, Moalana, and I ran around and did a little bit last minute shopping for things we had forgotten so we didn't make it to the Genealogy presentation on Friday Morning. We did however make it to the Dance of Friday night which was a pretty good turn out. It was a dance/talent night so our program was our daughter doing a Tahitian dance with our niece Sarina. Well, actually it was Sarina's number but we dressed Moalana up and added her to the program.
On Saturday (June 26th) I woke up around 4:30am to crazy annoying RA pains in my right knee. My husband and father in law gave me a blessing and I was able to go back to sleep for a bit. Unfortunately the pain lasted all day. I know I say this all the time, but I really do have the BEST Husband in the world! He told me that we would stay home from the family activities that day so I could rest and he could take care of me. I felt bad for him because he already has to be with me 24/7 in case I have these RA flare ups. Quite honestly, I think he is the ONLY one who really understands how to take care of me when I get sick. He knows exactly what to do to help me physically and comfort me emotionally. I'm a big cry baby when it comes to my rheumatoid flare ups. I sometimes lose hope and faith, but my husband is always there to help me remember and build up my Faith in God. I felt bad for my husband because I didn't want him to miss out on his own Family Reunion, so I did my best to get up and get myself ready (of course with his help) so we could join the wrest of the family. Saturday's BBQ at the Park was awesome. Although I was in pain the whole time, I enjoyed being at the Reunion with my Husband, Daughter and the whole Paongo Family.
We stayed in Reno until Monday (June 28th) morning. All in all, the trip was good. I'm always happy when I get to see my Husband happy. I know he loves me! If he didn't, he wouldn't be here in Salt Lake with me. He does so much for Moalana and I so it's a good feeling to see him happy when we're with his family in Reno. I know I'm blessed to have him as my Eternal Companion. He reminds me that all of these trials I go through physically are temporal and that one day my body will be perfected. I LOVE my husband with all my heart!
Oh...almost forgot, some family members started up a Paongo Family Reunion page on Facebook so check it out for videos and pictures from the Family Reunion!







