Monday, March 30, 2009

28 Weeks On The Morrow

I had my last prenatal appointment today as a Second trimester expectant mother! Woo hoo! As of tomorrow I will officially be 28 weeks Pregnant...Third trimester here we come!
Everything thus far seems to be normal. I woke up at 6AM to eat breakfast. I had a bowl of Peanut butter Captain Crunch...yummy! I know, I know...not very healthy, but who wants to cook up a good breakfast that early in the morning?
My prenatal check up went pretty well. I had to get up a little early because part of my prenatal visit today required a Glucose screening test. I'm sure you mothers out there know what I'm talking about. I had to drink this bottle containing who knows what(that they gave me at my last appointment) that has something to do with the test they took. I couldn't eat 2 hours prior to the test and I had to drink the liquid they gave me 40 minutes prior to my appointment. From what I was told, the test has to be done exactly 60 minutes from the time I finished the Glucose thingy (sorry I forgot the name of it). So I get checked in, and they weigh me...I've gained 15 pounds so far! Ugh...I've never felt so heavy in my life, but having this baby makes it all worth it. My midwife told me that I should gain about 25 pounds by the time my daughter is born. I really think I'll gain over that since I still have about 12 more weeks! Oh well...I'll worry about all the excess weight once baby is born and I've completely healed. My midwife checked for the baby's heart beat and measured my belly. All was good there. They poked my finger and drew blood....I guess that was the test! About 5 minutes later the assistant comes back in and says everything looks good and I'm ready to go! At this point I'm relieved. I don't like hearing any negative news.
I'm indeed grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving Koli and I this blessing! I know there is a lot more responsibility that comes along with parenthood, but we're ready for it. If the Lord trusts Koli and I enough to give us one of his children to raise here on earth, I know we can do it! After all, no one knows better than the Lord! I'm also grateful for a husband who is always there to support me. I couldn't ask for anyone better! I love my husband for all that he is and does to support our growing little family! We're both super excited to meet our little princess!