Monday, March 09, 2009

First Blog!

First Blog!

So this is my first blog! Don't really have much experience in this kinda thing, but a friend of mine (Angeles) invited me to her blog and after viewing her page decided to make one for my husband and I. Since Koli and I just recently got married, I thought I would share a little bit of what has been going on in our lives as newly-weds!

JUNE 2008:

We were sealed as Eternal Companions in the Salt Lake Temple on Thurs, June 12, 2008. What a great feeling it is to know that our family will be together not only in this life, but FOREVER! I'd have to say, it's the best feeling ever! Our wedding weekend was a huge celebration. A reception was held after our sealing in SLC. The next day we had a wedding dance in Reno, NV and the following day was another reception in Reno! Shows how much our family loves us, huh! What an exhausting weekend, but all well worth it. Our honeymoon wasn't planned out very well...I'll take the blame on this one since my husband brought up the honeymoon many times before we got married and gave me the option to pick a place to go after the wedding. We drove down to San Fransisco and had plans to go on the Alcatraz tour since my husband has never been there before. When we got there, the tickets were all sold out for that day. *FYI: Get your tickets in advance online to avoid any problems and having to wait in line. We did visit The Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39 and went to a movie...fun huh! NOT! Our Hotel room wasn't as nice as I thought it would be...guess I should have looked into all of it a bit more huh! I guess you can say the highlight of it all was getting to spend time together! Oh well...we have eternity to spend together so this won't be our last trip! We'll plan a 2nd honeymoon some day! We made our first little home in Sparks NV at a complex called Lincoln Garden Apartments. It was small, but cute and comfy!

JULY 2008:
Koli and I were both anxious to get pregnant, and to our surprise...we were!! Yes indeed...a honeymoon baby! Unfortunately I had a miscarriage about a week after we found out. It was indeed a hard thing to go through (both physically and emotionally), but we knew that our Heavenly Father would give us the opportunity to be parents when the timing is right. My BIG little brother got his calling to serve in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission, so we went down to be of support to him at his program. I know Koli and I were only a month into marriage, but it sure did feel good to be back in Salt Lake!

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2008:
My husband was working as a Team Lead for US Airways and work was getting slow...they were laying off and due to Koli's seniority, unfortunately he was on that list. However, a good thing that did come from all that was he got a furlow (is that even how it's spelled?) package where we get to keep the flight benefits for 3 years!

OCTOBER 2008
:

I know my husband loves me sooooo much! Koli and I had a few talks and made the decision to move to Salt Lake! I know that part of it was because Koli felt sorry for me because I missed living in Salt Lake. I am truly blessed to have a husband who wants me to be happy! It all worked out great! Koli was offered a job here in Salt Lake and my former employer was more than happy to accept me back! We moved back to SLC mid-October and started work. About a week back at my old job, I started feeling very sick! We kind of figured that I might be pregnant again. My husband went and bought one of those expensive pregnancy tests that give you a straight answer...it's either a YES or a NO. Simple enough right? I took the test and it was a YES! My husband and I were soooo excited! We are truly greatful to our Heavenly Father for this blessing!

NOVEMBER 2008-FEBRUARY 2009:

I thought "Morning Sickness" was only supposed to happen in the morning. I swear it should be called "All Day Sickness." I had to quit working because I felt sooo sick majority of the time! There was no kind of food at all that I wanted...even the thought of my favorite foods made me want to throw up! I could hardly keep any food down! Being pregnant also makes you very tired! I found myself taking many naps through out the day. Prenatal vitamins were the worst for me...I hated them! My midwife told me that taking them before I got to sleep would probably help. WRONG! Eating food before I took it didn't help either! Sooo many scents bothered me too...from food cooking to perfume to lotion! I didn't want anything scented around me. There was also this taste I had in my mouth that didn't seem like it would ever go away...I know this sounds weird, but the taste was like I had coins in my mouth (which I would never do)! Yuk! The least favorite of them all....having to get up in the middle of the night a few times to go to the bathroom! Not fun at all! With all these changes that happen to my body during this pregnancy, I believe it is all worth it. I know that I will hold my baby in my arms one day is the blessing and the payoff for it all! I'm indeed grateful for a husband who does all he can to make me feel comfortable and happy during this pregnancy! I love you for that Babee! We did also find out the gender of our baby in January...it's a Girl! We're definitely excited for that! It's kind of funny...Koli said this is going to be his Princess, but this whole time he's been calling me his Princess! He says once baby is here, I will be promoted to Queen...lol! I don't like the sound of that...it makes me sound old! Oh well...as long as it's our daughter, she can take over that role!

MARCH 2009:

Pregnancy sickness is fading away. Other than a few aches and pains here and there, I'm feeling great! Koli has been working hard to support our little family and he's doing a good job! He never complains about anything...that's what you call a loving man! I feel blessed to have him as my husband!! Okay...well I know this has been a novel. This is probably the first and last time I write anything this long! I'm pretty sure there are tons of grammer and punctuation errors...please bear with me as writing is not really my thing! I'll keep any future blogs shorter and sweeter! Thanks for reading!