Friday, August 29, 2014

Moalana is in Kindergarten


Moalana started Kindergarten Monday, July 18, 2014.  Quite honestly, I wasn't really ready to let go of her. School is not new for her because she did attend Pre-K this past year, but she only went for 2 1/2 hours, 4 days each week.  This year, she goes to school Monday thru Friday and school is 6 hours each day (expect for Wednesdays which school gets out 45 minutes earlier).

I was so sad the day Moalana started Kindergarten.  It was all coming to reality that I would never get to spend almost every moment of every day with her anymore.  It was realization that my baby is no longer a baby anymore.  I know it sounds kind of selfish, but honestly I felt like my heart was broken.  But when it all comes down to it, I know education plays a big part of her future and I would never hold her back from anything that is beneficial to her life. 


I'm happy to say that the hardest part is over with.  The second day of school and each day after so far has been a lot easier for me.  I still feel a bit of sadness that my baby girl isn't with me 24/7, but I'm excited for this new chapter in her life.  Here's to success in her future!