Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Once A Week

Yup, it's that time!  I just got home from my prenatal well check up and was told from here on out until our son arrives, I will be visiting my midwife every week now!  As usual, this is a mixed emotion kinda thing for me. 

I'm super excited because this means I'm closer meeting my little man!  I can't wait to hold him in my arms for the first time!  I'm excited because I will be able to breathe more...this little boy takes up a lot of room in my belly!  I'm excited that I will be able to sleep on my stomach once again!  I'm excited for Moalana to become a big sister and for our little family grow!

As with the excitement, I'm also nervous!  Nervous because of the labor and the pain I'll have to go through.  Well, actually...maybe not too much pain because I've already decided that I'm going to get the epidural.  I wanted to try and go with out any meds, but I'm a wuss and can't bare much pain.  I envy and think it's great for those who can go with out any meds, but sorry...I'm just not one of them! I'm nervous because our son will be born right smack in time for winter and I don't want him to get sick!  I might be a little shady and greedy with this little man of ours for the first few months.  I just can't take the risk of him getting sick.  I guess these are just my thoughts as of right now, but we'll see how it is when he arrives.

So as I mentioned earlier, I will be going to weekly prenatal well check ups until baby arrives.  If this little boy is anything like his big sister, he'll make his grand entrance at 36 1/2 weeks.  But I'm hoping he'll stay in until at least 38 weeks.  My midwife told me that boys don't do as well as girls prematurely.  With this pregnancy I've been told that I am average size and have gained a good amount of weight for as far along as I am.  With Moalana, I was always told that I was too small and there was more concern with that pregnancy.  I was told today by the midwife that if she had to guess, my son is probably about 4 1/2 - 5 lbs now.  Moalana was 4lbs 3oz when she was born.  If I make it full term, she said she thinks baby will be some where around 7 plus pounds.  We'll see if her estimations are right.  We can't wait to meet our baby boy!