Thursday, January 21, 2016

Baby Siosaia Naeata Penitani's Birth Story

On the morning of Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 I woke up close to 7 am to a strong contraction.  I woke my Husband up to get ready because he had to work at 8 am.  I kept contracting as he was getting ready to start his day.  He got ready, gave me a blessing, and then headed out to work.  I warned him to keep his phone line open just in case I needed to reach him to take me to the hospital.  As soon as Koli left for work, the contractions kept coming in stronger, were lasting longer, and very painful.  I called him just as he got to work and told him to come home because I couldn't stand the pain.  He turned around and rushed home.  By the time he got home the contractions were pretty intense.  The contractions were coming in every couple of minutes.  I decided it was time to take a shower and head to the hospital.  The contractions got so bad, that I had to get out of the shower real quick.  I was having a hard time standing and had to hold on to whatever was around me so that I wouldn't fall.  My Husband rushed me out of the house because I was getting pretty loud with each contraction.  We knew I'd be giving birth soon.  Keep in mind, it was a snowy day and the roads were pretty icy! Thankfully the Hospital is not too far from home. I called my midwife's office to let them know I was on my way to the hospital and the girl who answered the line told me to hold so she could check with the midwife to see if I should come into the office first.  I handed the phone to my Husband because the contractions were getting stronger and I felt the urge to push.  The pain was excruciating!  My Husband ended hanging up the phone and just drove to the hospital.  There was no way we were going to go to the Midwives office unless they wanted me to deliver the baby there. Haha. So Koli pulled up to the front of the hospital and grabbed a wheel chair.  He rushed me in the doors of the hospital and the annoying registration people up front kind of ignored us.  I started screaming because I felt the urge to push again.  Thankfully there was a kind woman at the information desk who took us straight to the elevator, up to the 2nd floor, pushed in the code to get us through right to the labor and delivery area to get me checked in.  As they were trying to check me in, I knew I wouldn't be able to hold the baby in any longer.  I screamed in pain and told them I needed to push.  A few of the Nurses rushed me to a room.  As soon as I sat down on the bed, my water broke! Yea I know...too much info, but that's what happened.  I told them I wanted an epidural.  One of the nurses checked my cervix and then told me I was fully dilated and that the baby was right there.  There was no time for an epidural.  Right then I had a contraction.  I told them I needed to push.  The nurse said it was okay.  I gave it one push and Baby Siosaia Naeata Penitani was born!  I was pretty shocked that it all happened so fast!  My  midwife didn't make it to deliver the baby (just by seconds), but she was able to deliver the placenta.  Haha.   Anyway, Siosaia was born at 9:46 am weighing 6 pounds 12 ounces and was 19 inches long.  We named him after my Father, the late Siosaia Naeata.  I am in love with this little boy!  Koli and I are truly grateful to our Heavenly Father for blessing us with this sweet spirit!  So here he is world....another prince added to our family!