Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm Baaaack

....at least for now anyway!  It's been over a month since the last time I blogged and to be honest, it was just out of laziness.  I haven't been in the mood to blog lately, but I'll try to update you few "followers" on what has been going on in the past month or so.

My baby boy Malakai Taumoepeau Penitani turned one years old on December 18th, 2011.  This little boy was fortunate to have 3 Birthday celebrations.  Yes, you heard me right...3 of em!  Let's just say that Malakai is loved by many!
Party 1- With our Reno Family
Party 2- With our G Street Family
Party 3- Combined Birthday for Kai and his cousin Sarina with all of their cousins
 I also took Malakai to his one year old well visit with his pediatrician in December and that went very well.  The Doctor said Malakai is a bit tall for his age (31 inches long to be exact), but that's okay.  I'm glad he didn't inherit my "short" genes.  Haha.  His weight at his visit was 22 lbs which is quite normal for his age.  All in all, my baby boy is great!
My Malakai at his well check up
   Christmas 2011 was great!  Moalana and Malakai both enjoyed their gifts while Koli and I enjoyed the looks on their faces.  All the gifts was definitely worth it once we saw the joy on their adorable faces!  Koli and I on the other hand must have been naughty because Santa seemed to skip us this year!  LOL.
Christmas 2011
Baby Kai excited for Christmas

Lana looking for her stocking
And she found it
Our New Year rang in with a few of my siblings and their families, my little family, and my Mom.  It was nice to be with them, although I have to admit I was soooo tired and felt like going to sleep early.  But I'm glad I didn't because it was a great way to ring in the New Year with a few close loved ones! 

As for my baby girl Lana, she's the smartest 2 1/2 year old I know.  She loves when her Dad and I read to her and she loves to sing.  Her favorite song that she recently learned is 'Ofa 'I 'Api (Love at Home) and yes she loves singing it in Tongan!  She picks up quick on a lot of things, especially the things people say around her.  So we always have to be careful in what we say and do. 
My Baby Girl Lana
I recently started potty training Lana. She's willing most of the time, but she starts to cry when she has to sit on the potty too long and has no success.  I sometimes get really impatient and just let her stay in her pull ups until she does a number.  But I really need to motivate myself in being consistent so we get rid of the pull ups and save a bit more money!  I guess I just need to be more patient.  Wish me luck!

As for Koli and I....we're good!  We have our ups and downs as does any other marriage.  We aren't perfect, but we are trying very hard to make a lot of changes in our lives to benefit our future and our children.  2012....let's make it happen!