Thursday, February 24, 2011

2 Months

My Malakai is 2 months old... 9 1/2 weeks to be exact!  I took him to his 2 month well check up yesterday.  His pediatrician says he's growing well.  Malakai now weighs 11.6 pounds and is 22.7 inches long.  He got his immunizations today, 1 oral and 3 shots.  It was sad to see him cry when the shots were given, but he forgot about it once I gave him his pacifier.

Both Malakai and Moalana have been sick with a cold for the past two weeks.  I noticed Malakai's cough getting worse so I had the Doctor check him to see if it was anything serious.  He said the cold was spreading to Malakai's ears so he prescribed some amoxicillin .

So when we got home, Malakai was calm and he slept for a few hours.  But then he woke up and was starting to run a fever and was really irritable.  He would not stop crying.  I know I went through having shots with Moalana, but I forgot how old they have to be to have a pain reliever.  The Dr's office was closed so I had to speak to the Dr on call.  He assured me that it was okay to give him an infants pain reliever.  Thank goodness because it was sad to see my son in pain!  As soon as I gave him the pain reliever, he calmed down.  I thought to myself, "Wow...does it really work that fast?"  Gosh, I love this little boy!  =)

Before he got his immunization shots
Mommy and Baby waiting for his Doctor
My handsome baby boy
Daddy comforting his son
He got two shots in one leg and one shot in the other
Calm after taking the infants pain reliever drops