Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Day Out In The Sun

If you are from Utah, you know how bipolar the weather is here...lol.  Well, today was finally a nice bright Spring day!  The way it should be! Not too hot, and not too cold. I'm sick of the snow and am ready for it to go away...for awhile anyway! 
Koli and I decided to take Moalana up to the Park in our area, Lindsey Gardens.  We first stopped off at the City Cemetary which is right next to Lindsey Gardens.  My Dad along with other Family members are burried up there so we thought we'd take Moalana to visit their gravesites.  We  first stopped at my Dad, Grandpa, and Uncle's graves which are all in the same area.  When we got out of the car, I was sooo mad!  I hate how the workers who mow the lawn up there take care of the grass!  They straight mowed into my Dad and Grandpa's Vases and one of them broke.  I found it behind my Dad's stone!  The flowers were scattered all over and there was grass all over their stones!  Careless workers!  How would they like it if their loved ones grave sites were treated like that.  Goodness!  I did a quick clean up of the mess they made and we took a few pictures.  We also stopped by my cousin's Lesieli and Tevita Va'enukus Gravesites along with one of the former Presidents of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints grave (Gordon B Hinkley).  I didn't charge the battery to my camera so we had to use my cell phone.  Not really great pictures, but it'll do.

So after the Cemetary, we went to Lindsey Gardens.  This was Moalana's first visit to a playground at a Park.  She got her first experience on a swing and also the slide.  Baby girl seemed so confused on the swing.  She really wouldn't look up when we talked to her.  She just kept concentrating on her shadow.  Too cute!  She enjoyed the slide as well, but was also confused at what was going on.  She was too busy paying attention to the little kid playing with the sand on the side.  Koli filmed it all and we'll probably put it up on YouTube soon.  My Sister Val called me while we were up at the Park so I told her to bring her kids up.  They met us there and we just sat around for awhile before we headed back up to Mom's house.  All in all, it was a good day!  I love my Family! 

My Daddy's Grave, Oh how I miss you!

My Dear Grandpa, Tevita Mapa Va'enuku!  Miss you Grandpa!

Moalana and I

Moalana LOVES her Grandpa Siosaia!

Moalana at my Uncle Tangi's (my Dad's Brother) gravesite

Lana visiting her Uncle Tevita and Aunty Lesieli's gravesites

At President Hinkley's Gravesite

Lana and I visiting Pres Hinkley and Sister Hinkley's Gravesite
(Pres Hinkley is the small one on the top, and Sister Hinkley's is the
small one on the bottom).  I have so much LOVE and RESPECT for this prophet!

She was too distracted by the pine cones that were all over the grass! 

Moalana's First time on a swing!

Take 2

And another!

Moalana with her cousin's Tieni and Sarina Tupou.  And Koli
and Valeti sitting around in the back...LOL