Monday, June 22, 2009

Stalker

Have you ever felt like someone took your kindness in the wrong way? I have. A few years ago I had a stalker...or at least that is what I called him. I used to work with this creepy guy a few years back. We were in the same training class. I felt bad for him because he was an older and quiet guy. I really felt sorry for this guy because hardly anyone talked to him, so I thought I'd be nice and be-friend him. He definitely took things the wrong way.

So our work had instant messaging just to make things simple and easy instead of you having to get up to find people who are working on the same accounts as you. It was simply supposed to be "WORK RELATED" stuff only. So this guy that I call "Stalker" started to instant message me saying he had something to tell me, but wasn't sure how I'd feel and how his WIFE would feel either! That definitely made me feel uncomfortable. From there on out, I ignored him and stopped talking to him all together. You'd think he would get the point that I don't want anything to do with him. Nope! This weirdo kept instant messaging me everyday saying hi and to see how I'm doing and also wanted to know why I ignore him. I finally wrote back and told him that I was uncomfortable with the way he talked to me and that what ever he had to say I'm sure his wife wouldn't appreciate it. I asked him to stop instant messaging me and to please leave me alone. He took offense right away and kept messaging me. Finally I took it to my manager who had to take it to upper management. I was scared of this man! He just gave me a bad vibe every time I saw him and wouldn't stop messaging me. Management talked to him and told him that he had to leave me alone and shouldn't talk to me at all. Not too long after, I quit that job. No...not because of him...for other reasons, but work never felt like a safe place for me knowing this guy worked there.

Yesterday, I received a picture message from my sister. I opened it and the picture was of "Stalker." My sister also worked with me at the time so she knew the whole situation. Yuk! Just looking at this guy makes me sick to the stomach! I hope I never run in to that guy!